lauantai 6. joulukuuta 2008

6.12



Today is the independence day of Finland. I have been thinking what this means to me.
My grandmother was born when this country was still under Russia. My grandfather was in the war fighting against russians. Those stories, history, scarfs are all in me too. No matter if i wanted that or not.
My roots are here. And i have to admit, somehow i´m proud of this tiny nation. These people who don´t talk, but when they finally say something they really mean it. And this land that is maybe ascetic but has it´s beauty. 

Finnish love by Aki Kaurismäki, no need for words there either...

2 kommenttia:

  1. I like what you said "These people who don´t talk, but when they finally say something they really mean it" .

    Happy Independence Day for Finland.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Aki on mulle se suomalaisuuden tulkki. Sitä Suomea, jota rakastan.
    Hieno Ihminen.

    VastaaPoista